Nicole Douglas Therapy
Welcome, I’m Nicole Douglas!
My approach to therapy supports a non-pathological view of emotional and relational wellness.
As an attachment-based therapist, I care deeply about creating a warm, empathic, and well-attuned connection with my clients. I strive to provide a collaborative experience while working with an array of diverse individuals who seek support with navigating their specific challenges.
I specialize in working with adults, couples and families to address their emotional and relational issues. My clinical approach to treatment primarily utilizes Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), attachment-oriented therapies, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), trauma-informed practice, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and client-centered through a psychodynamic framework. I am intently curious in getting to know you, as I provide highly individualized care based on your unique set of strengths and challenges, while integrating evidence-based modalities to achieve symptom relief and long-lasting change.
Seeking Change Takes Initiative & Courage
Therapy is a collaborative and engaged process. As your therapist, I aim to provide compassionate, practical and productive support and encouragement as a new ally. With a better understanding of yourself, you will be better able to make decisions that align with your values, which in turn provides you with more confidence, clarity, and a fulfilling sense of direction in your life.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist LMFT # 125893
Specialized Clinical Trainings
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy – Certified through PCIT International
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for Individuals and Couples
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Masters of Science in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, Dominican University of California.
- Bachelors of Arts, Family Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists #136015.